Sunday, August 21, 2016

And Another Weekend Comes to a Close

Yep, you read that correctly, just that quickly another week is over or just beginning,whichever way you look at it.
Courtney and her family are vacationing with Paul's side of the family.
These are not my best times, I prefer not to share and I am not very good at it, but what can you do.
I suppose they deserve their time with my precious little ones, too.
At any rate, they will be home tomorrow and things will be back to normal.

I spent last week getting my classroom ready for my little ones.
We had registration on Monday and it was a huge success.  Another year of very excited Preschoolers.
I am getting anxious because as much as I dread the end of summer, I also love the beginning of a new year.
A new chapter to add to my life story, new characters to shape and mold, and new story lines.
Hope it turns into a best seller again this year.
 
Anyway on Saturday, I was on a mission.
I have a little sideline business called Sherri's Shots where I make personalized photo collages with letters from architecture and nature.
My very first client, who put in an order over a year ago, is finally ready for her finished product.
She wanted some letters having to do with the Brewers so we headed to Miller park yesterday to hunt for letters, especially an N.
There was no game, so that made the hunt easier.
Before we went to Miller Park, we had a wonderful lunch with my college roommate, Joan.
We ate at the Panther pub in Greendale.
Tried a grapefruit beer which was very refreshing.
The conversation was great as usual and the time went by so quickly.
It was a great visit.
 
Miller Park turned into a bit of a bust, but we did manage to find a few letters.
We were excited to see Pat McCrudy that night at Kelly's Bleachers, but best laid plans...
We were eating at Fuddruckers and checking the time of the show when we realized that Pat wasn't there on Saturday night but had been there on Friday, oh well, on to plan number 2.
We stopped at Splash martini bar in Oconomowoc for a martini or three and there was a decorated, lighted up boat regatta and fireworks right on the lake out our window.
It was a great ending to a fun day.
Sometimes life without plans can be good, too.
 
Today, a nice long walk and some lazy movie watching.
All around a good weekend.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails